Saturday, March 21, 2009

President Obama's "joke" about the Special Olympics

"I accept his apology. It was sincere. It was meaningful. And it was nice of him to say that. Every athlete out there is just being the best they can...I bowl just for fun. The last time I bowled, I think I scored a 245. I actually could kick the president’s butt at bowling. But I wouldn’t make fun of him if I did.” - a Special Olympic athlete

Dear friends,

While I find it silly and petty for the mainstream media to make such a big deal out of President Obama's joke with Jay Leno Show on the Tonight Show, on the link below, the short piece from the Boston Herald makes it apparent that Obama’s quip was not planned, because, actually, it made no sense.

Therefore, it should have been left alone. President Obama was wrong, but what kind of integrity do government- and corporate-controlled media have, if they feel that that was "news"? Moreover, why are so many print journalists, for example, whining about possibly losing their jobs, because newspapers are not selling, when these type of tattle-tale stories about the president are all that they have to share?


One Love,
G. Djata Bumpus
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1160032&srvc=news&position=0

0 comments: