Wednesday, May 28, 2014

What is Courage? - a quote from Dr. Maya Angelou



“…this beautiful and incredibly powerful quote, below, from Dr. Angelou says it all.”

Dear friends,

It seems, at least to me, that the issue of courage comes to mind, when analyzing so much of what happens in our society daily. I help people discover the power that is called courage. And, although I have been doing it for a living, for the past twenty-five years, I have been doing it generally, for almost all of my life - literally.

Moreover, while courage seems to usually relate to how humans confront either unfavorable or even violent people, things, or circumstances, it is far more significant as an exercise of one’s many inner strengths (powers).

In any case, not long ago, I was scanning through some old computer files and found a quote from the great Dr. Maya Angelou. Of course, I am a little more assertive about the origin of courage in a person than she seems to be, due to my expertise in this area . That is, humans are not born with courage. Period. Rather, they acquire that power through careful nurturing. Otherwise, this beautiful and incredibly powerful, although brief, quote below, from Dr. Angelou, says it all.

Cheers!

G. Djata Bumpus
*************************************
"One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest."
MAYA ANGELOU, in USA Today, 5 March 1988

0 comments: