Friday, December 6, 2013

John Lennon was a Revolutionary!!!

Dear friends, When the photo here appeared 43 years ago, I was a Black Panther, as such, unlike the other two Black organizations that were the most popular African American groups nationwide during that period (the now media-overplayed "Civil Rights Movement died with Martin King, in '68), the Nation of Islam and the Republic of New Africa (RNA), the Black Panther Party joined internationally with all people who believed in not simply group liberation, but both women's liberation and sexual liberation as well. John Lennon, author of the legendary song "Imagine" was such a person. Regarding the aforementioned photo here where the married Lennon (w/Cynthia Lennon) appeared nude with his future wife Yoko Ono, John wrote this:

"When we got back from India, we were talking to each other on the phone. I called her over, it was the middle of the night and Cyn was away, and I thought, 'Well, now's the time if I'm going to get to know her any more.' She came to the house and I didn't know what to do; so we went upstairs to my studio and I played her all the tapes that I'd made, all this far-out stuff, some comedy stuff, and some electronic music. There were very few people I could play those tapes to. She was suitably impressed, and then she said, 'Well, let's make one ourselves,' so we made Two Virgins. It was midnight when we finished, and then we made love at dawn. It was very beautiful." John Lennon, 1970

G. Djata Bumpus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwUGSYDKUxU >/span>

0 comments: