Friday, August 31, 2012

I have removed my Mother's letter about Condaleeza Rice

"only women are accused of giving sexual favors when they achieve - never men" - Dr. Namandje Bumpus

Dear friends, I just got a call from my oldest daughter, Dr. Namandje Bumpus of Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. She was livid about the letter that I posted on Facebook and on my blog, regarding her grandmother classifying Condaleeza Rice as having gotten into her positions of authority, because she had sex with certain men. She then told me that that had happened to her before, and that women who are high achievers are always subjected to that kind of vicious sexism. 

 Finally, while she doesn't like Rice or what she is about, Namandje insists that only women are accused of giving sexual favors when they achieve - never men. Hence, in spite of the fact that I feel that my Mom had more to say than that, as my daughter put it, her grandmother has never accomplished the level of notoriety as she and Rice have, so I have removed the post. I apologize to any women who were offended. Cheers! 

G. Djata Bumpus

0 comments: