Saturday, March 19, 2011

"I Will Follow" - a new road to African American cinema as a functional art form?

"Apparently, it has received some rave reviews. Yet, that in and of itself means nothing to me, because I've known very insulting films either made by and/or starring our actors that have been given acclaim - like the pathetic 'Precious'."

Dear friends,

I received an email today, regarding an African American-produced film about which I've been hearing called "I Will Follow". Apparently, it has received some rave reviews. Yet, that in and of itself means nothing to me, because I've known very insulting films either made by and/or starring our actors that have been given acclaim - like the pathetic "Precious". However, the brief video interview on the link below has captured my interest. I intend to see it.

One Love, One Heart, One Spirit,
G. Djata Bumpus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOiuV6uYvas&feature=channel_video_title

0 comments: