Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sandy Banks on "Second Sunday of December, a Time to Remember"


"The death of a child you birthed and raised, scolded and praised, worried over and celebrated is unlike any other pain. And it doesn't matter if they are 4 years old, or 45, as my husband was."


Dear friends,

I read this piece, on the link below, from a friend who writes for the Los Angeles Times, Sandy Banks. Her work appears on this blog, from time-to-time. Nevertheless, her most recent column is a very powerful and touching one about losing a child - the worst event that a parent can ever experience. Moreover, in our holiday spirit, we should not forget that this is a painful time for many.

One Love,
G. Djata Bumpus
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-banks12-2009dec12,0,7274539,full.column

1 comments:

T-Bird said...

made me sad reading the link and remembering my own grief over ones I have lost.