Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Remembering Dr. King - a truly religious person

"Since I am a preacher by calling, I suppose it is not surprising that I have seven major reasons for bringing Vietnam into the field of my moral vision. There is at the outset a very obvious and almost facile connection between the war in Vietnam and the struggle I, and others, have been waging in America..."

Dear friends,

The piece on the link below was written by Will Bunch, an insightful journalist who works for the Philadelphia Daily News. In light of Dr. King's recent birthday celebrations and all of the talk of "his" dream, this brief, but brilliant, blog post by Will is extremely timely and important.

G. Djata Bumpus
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/attytood/Remembering_the_other_Dr_KIng.html

0 comments: