Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Song for Steve Coons, by Eshu Bumpus

That sunset, at last when all was said and done
Our Brother, with all his battles finally won
has traveled to a great ancestral place
But I know there's a smile upon his face
Because he knows he left behind
A deep and lasting love

This morning, in our world of war and strife
We take time just to celebrate his life
Our Brother, who with all the things he taught
And battles that he fought, he never once forgot
To give us a deep and lasting love

Always full of wisdom, strength and joy
He was both a teacher and a friend
In each of us some part of him will live on
And on that you can depend

This heartache, over losing my best friend
In my heart, this friendship never will end
My brother, Although today we say goodby
Know that forever I will try
To follow what you taught
To give the best I've got
To give a deep and lasting love

0 comments: